conditions of sale
terms and conditions
It is important to Bright Star Antiques, also referred to as the gallery, that all bidders understand the terms and conditions under which its auctions are conducted. Please carefully read the Conditions of Sale set forth below and then acknowledge your understanding and acceptance, you must sign this to be able to bid in our sale.
The property offered for sale by Bright Star (the “Gallery”) as agent for the consignor(s) to purchasers is subject to the following terms and conditions:
1. The property is sold in “as is” condition and without recourse, and neither the Gallery nor the consignor makes any representations or warranties, express or implied, as to catalogue description, attribution, authenticity, provenance, origin, size, age or condition of any of the property offered for sale. It is the responsibility of the purchaser, prior to the auction, to examine the property and make a determination as to the value, condition, description, authenticity, provenance, origin, size and age of the property.
2. The highest bidder acknowledged by the auctioneer shall be the purchaser. The gallery reserves the right to reject any bid. The auctioneer shall advance the bid at his/her sole discretion. The auctioneer in his/her sole discretion may determine to re-offer any lot in dispute. In the event of any dispute, the gallery record of the bids shall be accepted as conclusive.
3. The gallery reserves the right in its sole discretion at any time before bidding commences to withdraw combine or divide any lot.
4. At the fall of the auctioneer’s hammer, title will pass to the highest bidder, and the bidder thereupon assumes full risk and responsibility for the property, including the obligation to immediately pay the full price or such price as the gallery may require. All bidders may be requested to give their name, residence, business address, telephone number, driver’s license and credit card. The gallery shall have the right to reject any bid from anyone who has not established credit with the Gallery prior to the auction.
5. The purchase price paid by the buyer shall be the amount of the final bid plus a twenty percent (20%)(Online Bidders will pay a higher percentage rate due to fees charged by the online platforms(Details below))
Auction Zip- 25% Total BP
Live Auctioneers- 25% BP
*Precious Metals Terms*-
If you invoice contains any precious metals and stones (Gold, Silver, Diamonds,etc)
Your payment options are as follows:
1. Pay online via AuctionZip, Invaluable and Live Auctioneers
2. Bank Wire Transfer
3. Pay in person with approved forms of payment: Cash, Credit Card with ID
These precious metal terms are to protect our consignors from buyer fraud.
6. Property purchased from Bright Star by a successful bidder may not be removed from the auction sale premises until the full purchase price plus the buyer’s premium and all applicable taxes have been paid. The purchaser must pay for and remove all property from the auction premises at completion of the sale or within 48 hours unless prior arrangements are made.
7. If the purchaser fails to fulfill these conditions, in addition to all legal remedies available to Bright Star, the Gallery may: a) cancel the sale and retain any payments made as liquidated damages; b) resell the property for the account of the buyer, in which case the buyer shall be liable to the Gallery for all its costs and damages, including the commissions for both auctions; c) remove the property to a public warehouse for the account and at the risk and expense of the buyer.
Due to limited storage space for sold items, Bright Star Antiques. requires that the arrangements for the pick-up or shipment of purchased items must be completed within 15 days of the auction unless other arrangements have been made. Please remember, once an item has sold, it is no longer covered by insurance and is stored at the owner's risk. A notice of 24 hours must be given before items are picked up. Bright Star Antiques reserves the right to charge a fee of $5 per day, per item, if not removed within 30 days from date of sale. Items not removed after 60 days, may at the discretion of Bright Star Antiques, be sold without notice to the original purchaser, to cover the cost of the merchandise and/or storage charges. Items are stored at the buyer's risk.